KC High’s virtue is to place our learners in the center of the circle and design a conducive learning environment around them. In order to help every KC learner reach their full potential, the Student Support Services team (SSS) offers a variety of interventions. Research shows that high levels of mental health are associated with increased learning, creativity and productivity, more prosocial behavior and positive social relationships, and with improved physical health and life expectancy.
Some of the services are:
- Learning support
- Counseling for socio-emotional/ behavioral concerns
- A well designed curriculum for SEL- Socio-Emotional Learning
- Sessions for learners for whom English is an additional language
- Teacher and parent workshops on mental health and developmental milestones of learners
- Interview and reporting during the admission process
- Diagnostic testing
- Referrals to educational psychologists
- Counseling families
- Planning access and adaptations in teaching and design of assessments.
- Providing inclusive access arrangements
Contact us at: